Many of us experience allergies and for some of us, no matter what we do we cannot get relief! Well put down the medication and check out this collection of 10 Allergy Fighting Foods!
10 Allergy Fighting Foods
- Cold Water Fish. Salmon, Tuna, and sardines are great examples.
- Walnuts (only for those not allergic to nuts, let’s not get a double allergy attack going on)
- Chili Peppers. Eat a few of these and your eyes may water but your sinuses will clear up.
- Dark Red and Purple Foods. Beets, blueberries, raspberries, and purple or red grapes are examples.
- Citrus Fruits. Lemons, Limes, and Oranges are examples.
- Onions and Garlic. Again your eyes may water, but they are great decongestants.
- Tea. Black, green, or white tea are the best. (heat it up to get all the steam going when drinking)
- Collard Greens. Your mom was right when she said they were good for you. The carotenoids in them help ease allergy symptoms.
Why will these work you ask? Many of these foods contain Omega-3s which is a natural anti-inflammatory. Some listed above also have properties that act as a decongestant leaving you the ability to breath!
I certainly hope this helps all you allergy sufferers!