Fidget spinners are everywhere. You can’t turn on the television or the computer without seeing something mentioned about fidget spinners, as they continue to be a popular and even controversial accessory for kids. And while these little plastic spinners may seem innocent enough, teachers and parents alike are finding more and more reasons to toss them in the trash. Look below at 6 reasons to throw your fidget spinner away, and see why you simply don’t need this plastic distractions in your life.
6 Reasons to Throw Your Fidget Spinner Away
- Most aren’t manufactured in America. With the trend catching on quickly, many overseas markets are cranking out cheap versions of fidget spinners by the second. These imports are not made well or with quality, tend to break easily, and don’t provide jobs or revenue for American companies. If you prefer to buy quality made in America products, your choices here are slimming down.
- They cause choking hazards. The fidget spinner is made up of an assortment of small pieces that can easily come loose. Kids are putting these spinners in their mouths and choking has occurred. Even older children have experienced choking on these spinners, which is another reason to leave them on the shelves.
- Most schools and after school clubs and camps are forbidding them. Because fidget spinners have become such a distraction, most schools, clubs, and camps are forbidding them. Most of these establishments are asking children to leave them home, so they aren’t dealing with the distraction of the spinners of the dramatics that comes along with them such as he/she stole mine, my fidget spinner is lost, he won’t share his, etc.
- They are a breeding ground for germs. Kids have their hands and in some cases their mouths all over these spinners. As a result they are a breeding ground for germs. Especially with all of the small parts and pieces in them, bacteria and germs can no doubt build up and hang out. If you aren’t cleaning your fidget spinner daily, it is a germ circus!
- The effects of fidget spinners haven’t been proven. Many believe that fidget spinners offer a way for kids who are fidgety to stay active while not distracting others. Some also feel it can help redirect a child’s energy. While there are many theories when it comes to fidget spinners, none of them have been necessarily proven no should these spinners be counted on for relief of any behavior issues.
- It is a fad that will pass. This too, shall pass. It appears fidget spinners are a passing fad that is at its height but will soon fizzle down. As long as it is popular you will find more and more expensive versions of the device which are poorly made and not necessarily serving any cause. Invest your money in quality toys and play items instead and let this fad work its way out.
As you can see, there are many reasons to say no to the fidget spinner fad. Consider these 6 reasons to throw that fidget spinner in the trash and see why owning one of these devices is not all it is cracked up to be!