When you become a new parent whether it’s your first or fourth time, there is one thing that never changes. The items your baby needs. The diapers, the crib, the clothes and of course, the bottles. Even with a little time in between each baby, things change and each child’s needs are different. That is why I wanted to share with you ways to Avoid The Fuss: How to Choose The Right Bottle For Your Baby. By doing so, I am hoping to make your new journey in parenthood easier!
Avoid the Fuss: How to Choose The Right Bottle For Your Baby
I think one of the biggest challenges about shopping for a new baby is all the different products offered, it can easily become so overwhelming. Take bottles for example, there are ones that claim to be BPA-free while others help reduce colic, and with so many options and price differences, what do you go for first? Choosing the right bottle for your baby doesn’t need to give you a headache. Let me break it down for you in things you want to look for in your search for the perfect bottle…
- Functionality – When it comes to choosing the right bottle for your baby, functionality is important. Does it do the job without causing more issues? The bottle you choose, should feed your baby without causing any other issues.
- Comfort – Is the bottle comfortable for you to hold? Does your baby look comfortable drinking out of the bottle? If you look closely, you should be able to tell if your baby is comfortably drinking from the bottle or not.
- Anti-colic – If your baby has never had colic, you don’t know the struggle of wanting an anti-colic bottle. You want a bottle that keeps the extra air out of the bottle and away from baby’s tummy. More air in the bottle equals more gas for baby and that means hours of discomfort. That also means less sleep for you.
- Affordability – When you just have a baby, you are most likely not looking to spend a ton of money on a bottle, so affordability is important. You will want more than one bottle, which is why being able to afford several of “the right bottles” is vital. It is also important to keep in mind that overpriced bottles do not mean they are better than less expensive ones.
- Milk Intake – As you watch your baby eat, how are the intaking the liquid inside? Do they look like they are getting a good flow down? When choosing the right bottle for baby, you should look at how the milk is going into their mouths. You will also want to pay attention to the flow of the milk. You do not want the milk flow to be too slow or too fast for baby, you want it to be just right! This is where you want to read the package to ensure the nipple is made for the age of your baby.
- BPA Free – No one wakes up thinking they want to put chemicals into their body, especially their baby’s body. When choosing the right bottle for your baby, you want it to be BPA free. The reason you want to avoid BPA is that it can seep into plastic/bottles and the baby can ingest it, which isn’t good for anyone, especially your baby!
- Nipple that is close to breast – If you are breastfeeding, this is an important aspect you do not want to miss. Choosing the right bottle includes choosing a bottle nipple that looks and feels like your breast. You do not realize how important this is until it’s time to switch baby back and forth between bottle and breast.
Looking at this list, it is probably overwhelming. You may be thinking…where am I going to find a bottle that meets these requirements? Take a deep breath and look no further because the Philips Avent Anti-colic bottle meets these requirements and more. Including, the fact that the ribbed texture prevents nipple collapse for uninterrupted feeding. I also love the Philips Avent Anti-colic bottle because the built-in, venting system keeps air away from baby’s tummy. Sounds like the dream bottle, right?
Babies fed with Philips Avent anti-colic bottles experienced 60% less fussing at night, than babies fed with a leading competitor’s vented bottle. *At 2 weeks of age, babies fed with a Philips Avent bottle showed a trend to less colic compared to a conventional bottle and a significant reduction in fussing at night compared to babies fed with another leading bottle. Using these bottles, you will notice that they feature an Airflex venting system designed to reduce gas and colic by reducing air ingestion!
My favorite part is the fact that the Philips Avent Anti-colic bottles have fewer parts for easy cleaning and assembly – only 4 parts total: bottle, cap, nipple and ring which holds the nipple in place.
If it’s one thing that I’ve learned being a mom of two, is that every child is different. Our oldest son did the best with an off-brand inexpensive bottle but our youngest has more needs and has needed a bottle with the perfect design to grip and the perfectly soft nipple. We gave the Philips Avent Anti-colic bottles a try and he actually really liked them. I am confident to say that moms can trust that the Philips Avent Anti-colic bottles will deliver a great bottle feeding experience for their baby.
You can learn more about by checking out their website and even watching the video below. Philips Avent partnered with actress and new mom Sarah Chalke this year to learn about her experience with colic with her first child and how she’s trusting Philips Avent to ensure the best feeding experience for her new daughter, Frankie.
What requirements do you have in choosing a bottle for your baby?
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Philips Avent via Momtrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Philips Avent or Momtrends.