We just recently moved into a new neighborhood within our same zip code. We’ve lived her a few weeks and have only met 1 person. I started to wonder if people really knew we moved in. So instead of waiting for them to come to us, I decided to go to them and introduce ourselves. That is when I came up with the cutest way with this New Neighbor Cereal Gift. I’ve included a quick tutorial below on how you can make one too. I’ve even included the free printable tags! Whoot!
What You Need to Make A New Neighbor Cereal Gift:
- Family Size Yellow Box Cheerios
- Twine or Cute Thread
- Single Hole Puncher
- Free Printable Neighbor Gift Tags (click on the link for the file)
How to Make a New Neighbor Cereal Gift:
- Print off the free printable neighbor gift tags. I’ve included the free file for you above. Don’t forget to write your name on them so your neighbor knows who they are from!
- Cut out the tags using your scissors.
- Use a single hole puncher to create a hole right in the middle of the tag.
- Wrap some twine or ribbon around the box and hold two ends together. This will help determine the amount of twine you need. I made sure there was enough of an excess to tie a cute bow.
- Tie the twine around the box and then through the hole of the printable gift tag.
- Stick it on your neighbors doorstep. You’ve now officially introduced yourself as their neighbor!
Why did I chose cereal?
At this point you are probably thinking it’s an adorable idea but wondering why I chose cereal right? It’s simple who doesn’t love cereal? And it’s totally unexpected!
I didn’t just choose any cereal though, of course I wanted it to be tasty but also good for the heart. With Cheerios you are getting 100% whole grain oats and it’s gluten free! Besides they taste amazing and Cheerios comes in several different varieties/flavors.
I went to my local Walmart because I knew I could get a good deal on buying multiple boxes for my surrounding neighbors. I came across these specially marked boxes that say “Send A Free Box to Someone You Love”. Find your code inside specially marked packages in stores and enter it on http://wm6.walmart.com/Gluten-Free-Cheerios to send a coupon for a free box of Cheerios to someone that matters. It can be anyone! This is part of the Cheerios Love to Give campaign. You can watch a video to learn more here.
I found a few different kinds of Cheerios at Walmart that had that special message on the front:
So why are you still here reading this? Head out to Walmart, snag a box of Cheerios and gift something fun to your neighbors! I know I’d be happy to receive a free box of cereal! 😉
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. However, the opinions expressed remain 100% my own.