Sometimes you just need a smoothie to start your day. Not just any old smoothie, a superfood smoothie and if there is chocolate, it’s even better! If your first thought was that chocolate was out of the question because you are watching your weight, think again! This Dark Chocolate Green Superfood Smoothie is packed with everything good including taste and is a great start to any morning!
What You Will Need to Make a Dark Chocolate Green Superfood Smoothie:
- 1 heaping tablespoon dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 large handful fresh spinach
- Ice to taste
How to Make a Dark Chocolate Green Superfood Smoothie:
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth
- Add additional ice until smoothie reaches desired consistency
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately
Note: This is not an overly sweet smoothie – the option of adding a bit of agave or honey will sweeten it up and still keep healthy.
Looking for another delicious smoothie recipe? Check out this Frozen Berry Smoothie.