Christmas is the best time of the year for baking and creating fun treats. I wanted to make something that would be fun for the kids to create too so I came up with these adorable Christmas Tree Cupcakes!
These are so fun to make and turn out really cute. You can turn this into an afternoon baking session with your little one’s or even make these for your Christmas party. Either way they will be a huge hit!
Ingredients Needed for Christmas Tree Cupcakes:
- 1 box white cake mix (plus required ingredients listed on the box, i.e. eggs, oil & water)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- White Sugar Sprinkles
- Round Colored Sprinkles
- Green Food Coloring
- Sugar Cones
How to Make Christmas Tree Cupcakes:
- Prepare cake batter according to box directions and bake in cupcake pan using liners.
- While cupcakes cool, make frosting. Start by using an electric mixer to beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract. Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3 minutes.
- Place two cups of white frosting in a piping bag with a round frosting tip. Mix green food coloring in remaining frosting until you reach desired shade of green.
- Place one sugar cone upside down onto each cupcake. Using a butter knife, spread a thin layer of green frosting to completely coat each cone.
- Fill a piping bag with remaining green frosting and use a small closed star frosting tip to make Christmas tree branches. Start at the top and turn the cupcake, continuing adding branches to fill the entire cone.
- Using the white frosting, pipe a thick layer around the bottom of the cone to look like snow.
- Add white sprinkles to the “snow” and add round colored sprinkles to the “tree”. This part can be really fun for the kids as they can be creative as they want when decorating their “tree”.
I hope you enjoy making these as much as we did!
Check out more great Recipes Here!