I am sucker for Mexican food. I love the cheesy and spicy goodness with every bite. It isn’t always easy because with our busy schedules, sometimes we have to rely on a quickly made meal at home rather enjoying a night out. Well, that is until I started using my Crock Pot to it’s fullest potential. My newest creation: Crock Pot Enchiladas. Sounds good? Of course they do! Recipe is below!
What You Need to Make Crock Pot Enchiladas:
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded/diced chicken, cooked
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 3-4 tortillas
- Crock Pot
How to Make Crock Pot Enchiladas:
- Start by cooking and preparing your chicken. You can boil or bake it and then dice or shred it.
- Next, dice your onions and peppers.
- Mix pepper, onion, chicken, corn, and 2/3 of your cheese together.
- Add in half of your enchilada sauce and stir.
- One at a time, drop 1/4-1/3 cup of mixture onto tortillas and roll them up with the ends folded in.
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick and place rolled tortillas in.
- Cover with enchilada sauce and cheese, then cook on high for 2 hours (or low for 4 hours).
- Serve with toppings of choice. I personally love it with some sour cream and fresh cilantro! YUM!