I’ll be the first to admit, I do not like to cook. Baking is entirely different story but cooking, I’d rather order in. I know, I know ordering in isn’t always feasible so I had to get smarter at the way I could “cook” and feed my family from home. So that is when I turned to my trusty sidekick: Crock Pot. Yup, this handy gadget made me feel like the queen cooking when I am totally not. My latest creation is this Crock Pot Lo Mein and let me tell you, you won’t want to wait to make it!
What You Need to Make Crock Pot Lo Mein:
- Crock Pot
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can water chesnuts
- ½ cup snow peas
- ½ cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 1 box spaghetti noodles
How to Make Crock Pot Lo Mein:
- Slice/cut all veggies, then spread into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add ¼ cup water and cook on medium for 30 minutes.
- While veggies are cooking, mix up your sauce by combining soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, minced garlic, and ginger. Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour into your slow cooker, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add in your (cooked to slightly crunchy) spaghetti noodles and finish off with a final 30 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.