Fall is the perfect time to start holiday crafts. With pumpkins being the highlight of the season, I thought it would be fun to create Fall Glitter Pumpkins that are not only easy to make but look great with any Fall decor!
I made mine with orange glitter which really made the orange pumpkins pop but you can certainly paint and glitter your pumpkins with any color you like. The tutorial on how you can make these DIY Fall Glitter Pumpkins is below. Hope you enjoy making these as much as I did! 🙂
Note: Work in a well ventilated area. The spray adhesive is going to make everything around you sticky so I suggest working outside such as on your deck or porch. I also suggest moving any items you don’t want to get sprayed by the glue.
Supplies Needed to Make Fall Glitter Pumpkins:
- Pumpkins (I used real pie pumpkins found at the grocery store)
- Spray Adhesive (I used the Elmer’s brand found at Hobby Lobby)
- Wax or Parchment Paper
- Gloves (unless you don’t mind getting glitter on your hands)
How to Make Fall Glitter Pumpkins:
- Start by washing and drying your pumpkins thoroughly. You want to get off the dirt and any rough edges so you have a smooth surface (like in the image below). This will ensure you have a smooth look to the finished pumpkins.
- Lay down the wax or parchment paper onto a flat, leveled surface. This will capture the excess glitter and serve as a place to store your pumpkins while they dry.
- Start at the top of your pumpkins (near the stem) and work your way down spraying small sections of the spray adhesive.
- Take your glitter and dump it over the section you sprayed the adhesive on. The adhesive dries in about 15 seconds so you will want to work fast.
- Tap off any excess glitter onto the wax or parchment paper then complete steps 3- 5 until your pumpkin is covered entirely.
- Once your entire pumpkin is covered in glitter place it on the wax paper and allow to dry overnight. You can then roll up the wax paper and dump the glitter back into the bottle and save it for your next project.
You should now have beautiful Fall Glitter Pumpkins. You can place them around your home or even use them on a cute hay bale on your front porch to add to your fall door decor.