The Avengers has been talked about for weeks and since my son is a huge Avengers fan, I just had to come up with some fun and creative ideas. These Homemade Hulk Cupcakes are sweet and they certainly pack a punch!
Now you are probably wondering what the Hulk fist is made of and if it’s edible, guess what? It’s completely edible! It’s actually handmade from fondant.
Before you get overwhelmed at the idea of making it on your own, I want to tell you that it is pretty easy to make. My husband helped me sculpt it with his hands and I was able to take pictures of him making it step-by-step which means it will much easier for you to do! Plus think how amazed everyone will be knowing you made these cupcakes yourself! Thought about it? Alright let’s get started!
Homemade Hulk Cupcakes
Supplies needed for cupcakes:
- White Cake Mix (I used Pillsbury Traditional Vanilla)- you will also need the ingredients for the cake mix.
- Violet Icing Color (the gel works best)
- Vanilla Frosting (I used store bought but you can also use homemade)
- Purple Cupcake Liners
- Large Star Piping Tip and Bag for Frosting
Supplies needed for Hulk fists:
- Cake Boss Electric Green Fondant
- Tooth picks
- Preheat your oven and prepare your cake mix according to the directions on the package.
- Once the cake mix is prepared, add a few globs of icing color and mix well. This will help you achieve that purple color for the cupcakes.
- Bake your cupcakes in your cupcake liners. Once baked, remove from the cupcake pan and place on a wire rack. Allow to cool.
- In a bowl, combine you’re frosting and add the violet icing color until you reach your desired shade of violet. (I used the same amount I used in the cake mix to achieve the same color)
- Frost your cupcakes using your colored icing. Set aside.
- Begin working on your hulk fists but removing the fondant from the package and kneading until it begins to soften. You can also stick in a microwave safe bowl for 15 seconds to soften it up a bit.
- Start by creating a round ball of fondant and flatten it a bit. Set aside. This will serve as the knuckle part of the fist.
- Now create a cylinder like shape out of fondant (like shown below). This will serve as the wrist part.
- Now its time to create the fingers. You can just take small pieces of the fondant and roll them in your hands until you have 5 matching pieces.
- You should now have all of the following shown in the image below.
- Start assembling the hand by placing the 4 fingers on the piece made in step 7. Gently apply pressure to the backside of the fingers to get the 2 pieces to mold together.
- Add the thumb to the side of the fist as shown.
- You can add the details of the fists by using a craft stick or your finger. Add nail beds, lines of the skin, etc.
- Add 2 tooth picks into the piece made in step 8. These help keep the hand together and provide stability when placed into the cupcakes.
- Add the top part of the hand onto the other end of the toothpicks.
- Place the Hulk fist onto each cupcake and serve to all your guests!
Looking more fun Avengers related crafts and recipes? Check out more below!