I have been breastfeeding my son since he was born and it hasn’t been easy. With my milk supply fluctuating all the time I decided it was time to give lactation cookies a try which is something many moms swear by (hey, that rhymed). These Homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies are amazing and taste every bit delicious as they sound!
There are many ways you can increase your milk supply. I’ve tried many because I am determined to give my son breastmilk since I know it’s what is best for him. Who knew you could increase your supply with a delicious cookie? I am all for anything sweet!
Now before I get started sharing the recipe I want to point out that you cannot substitute the brewer’s yeast for anything else. This is a prime ingredient for this recipe and is one of the main ingredients that up your supply so make sure to include it.
Ingredients Needed for Homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies:
- 3 Tablespoons Brewer’s Yeast (do not substitute)
- 2 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- 3 Cups Slow Rolled Oats (found these in the bins at my local health foods store)
- 2 Cups of Organic Dark Chocolate Chips (the organic one’s taste even better)
- 3 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup of Butter
- 1 Cup of White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup of Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 4 Tablespoons of Water (you can also use milk if desired)
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the water with the Flaxseed Meal in a small bowl and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and the eggs in a bowl and beat with a mixer for 2-3 minutes until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Add the flaxseed to the mixture until well blended and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and brewer’s yeast. You can use a spatula to mix the ingredients together. Combine this mixture to the butter mixture which takes another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir the oats, chocolate chips, and the peanut butter into the mixture until well blended.
- Using a tablespoon scoop out mixture and place onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. I used my hands to create little balls of cookie dough. Make sure to space them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes depending on your oven. Mine were baked for exactly 13 minutes then I allowed them to cool on the pan for another 3-4 minutes and they were baked perfectly.
This recipe makes about 40 lactation cookies (depending on how big you make them) so you will have some on hand for awhile!
The beauty of this recipe is that is does increase milk supply but if you are not breastfeeding it’s perfectly fine to make as an overall healthy cookie for your family. I highly recommend purchasing the ingredients from your local health food store and purchasing organic.
I had several friends and family members try these cookies and they loved them! Make sure to give them a try and come back to let me know what you think!
Looking for more tasty Lactation cookie recipes? Check out this collection of 16 Delicious Lactation Cookie Recipes!