I know these aren’t the healthiest choice but something you have to just live a little even if it’s in a bite full of velvet goodness. With Valentine’s Day around the corner, nothing could be better that a bit of a red and something sweet. So bust out those baking tools and prepare for the kitchen to get a little messy while you make these Red Velvet Heart Crinkle Cookies!
What You Need to Make Red Velvet Heart Crinkle Cookies:
- 1 box of red velvet cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Mixing Bowls
How to Make Red Velvet Heart Crinkle Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs. Batter will firm up towards the end and be thick and sticky.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, spoon the dough into balls and roll in powdered sugar to completely coat.
- Place cookie balls on baking sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
- Using a small bowl or cup, flatten the balls slightly so they spread out more while baking.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies have a hint of brown on the edges. Allow cookies to cool.
- Once cooled, use a heart-shaped cookie dough cutter to cut out heart-shaped cookies.
Tips: you can use more than one size of cookie dough cutters to use up even more of the dough for cookies.
Don’t let the scraps go to waste! They can be processed in a food processor and made into red velvet truffles when combined with just a couple ingredients, or chopped and combined with popcorn for a yummy snack (add melted white chocolate and pink and red sprinkles!), or even added to ice cream.