So, when I first started with the entry drug to LuLaRoe that is the buttery-soft (oh, I never want to take them off) leggings, I really had no idea why the clothes were so well-loved by the ladies (and Lulabros that scoop them up). But, after spending some time in my favorite Randy and Perfect T, I’ve discovered 10 Hacks for Making Killer LLR Outfits and I see now–I see what all the fuss is really about.
10 Hacks for Making Killer LLR Outfits
- Solids go with Everything. You cannot go wrong taking a sold and mixing it with stripes, florals, prints, crazy unicorns (those are really a thing with Lularoe leggings, ladies).
- Florals go with Stripes. Just try it. There’s some beautiful striped sleeves on a shirt? Mix it with a bright and bubbly floral printed set of leggings. Tre-MagneFI! And you shouldn’t let it stop you there. You can do a solid with all that, too. Just use a Cassie as your floral, a solid irma and then a striped set of leggings. It will absolutely go together.
- Get an AMAZING Belt. Like, seriously. I’m thinking I need an adorable Obi Wrap Belt…but there are so many choices. I also snagged this adorable belt that has a front clasp – adds a little bling to your outfit! You probably actually need like 10 belts. Wide ones work well with girls with long torsos…although skinny ones do, too…ok. So, no matter your shape, buy several different types of belts. The belt trick works too if you buy an item that is a bit too big, forget returning it, belt it and go with it!
- Quarters? Quarters. Ok, so this is crazy, but you take a little handful of quarters (2-6 is what I usually end-up with) and you put them in your Carly dress or your Irma shirt, then twist them..a lot. This is going to create some rutching…and it’s going to look INSANE! But in a good way. A really good way. And the weight of the coins will pull down on the shirt, kind of forcing it to fit around you in a really cool way. Add a small rubber band to really secure the quarters in place. See the quarter trick in action here.
- Safety Pins. Yeah, take a safety pin and create some pleats in your Irma or Classic T by just gathering some of the fabric up the sides. This will create a little peek-a-boo effect for your thighs…ooolala! Heh.
- Hair Ties. Similar to the trick with the quarters, you can create rutching by just gathering a little bit of fabric and putting the hair tie around the bunch. The difference between this and the quarters is that the hair tie won’t weigh the shirt down and pull it around your curves.
- Experiment with the Skirts. So, I’ve seen where Cassie skirts (the simple pencil skirts) have been worn as cute dresses (YES!), scarves and even halter top shirts. You can do the same with Maxis and Azures. Very flexible clothing line and 1 item has now become several outfits.
- Experiment with the Shirts. And the experiments shouldn’t stop with skirts. You can turn an Irma into a halter top simply by pulling the neck down around your chest and your arms out the neck, then wrapping the sleeves up around your throat and tying them together with a hair tie.
- Tie it up. If you happen to find an item that is far too big for you but you just had to have it, then you should have excess fabric to work with. That means you can simply tie the fabric up and make it more fitted to you. Brilliant, right?! (see picture below, girl in the middle did it too)
- Accessorize! You can make an outfit KILLER just by adding some bling to it. Add a cute elongated necklace in a funky pattern or color to your Irma, even wear bracelets and earrings to really enhance your overall outfit. Sometimes the accessories can truly make the difference!
Do you have any special Hacks for Making Killer LLR Outfits? I’m so looking for more ideas to add to the list. I’m sure there are hundreds out there. And I want to know them ALL! LOL!