I think it’s safe to say that we all live busy lives. Whether it’s taking care of the kids all day, working full-time outside the home, or dealing with everything else life throws at us, we are all busy in our own ways. Many of us allow ourselves to get so busy that we forget to to take care of ourselves including the way we fuel our bodies. So today I am partnering with Milk Life to share with you 10 Tips for Fueling Your Body for A Busy Schedule.
10 Tips for Fueling Your Body for A Busy Schedule
- Get lots of rest- Sleep is one of the best ways you can fuel your body so you are ready for the busy schedule ahead. The CDC recommends 7-8 of sleep for adults. This can especially be hard to achieve with young children in the home so aim for as much sleep as possible each day.
- Drink lots of water– I always think of water like the oil that makes the gears work. Water is essential to life and every function our body provides. 64 ounces (eight 8 oz. glasses) of water is the daily recommendation.
- Get your protein- Protein is one of those things our bodies have a hard time living without. Protein helps our bodies function better and helps us build muscle. If you are strapped on time, having one 8-ounce glass of milk will give you 8 grams of protein. It’s the most nutritious and convenient way to get your protein.
- Stay Active- Sure you may think this would be the opposite of what you need because being active burns fuel right? You are correct in some sense. However, staying active and getting exercise also gives you energy too. Since you are burning calories and keeping fit, your body has more energy and that means more fuel. Instead of yelling at your kids to stop running around the house, join in on the fun and keep up with them!
- Skip on the energy drinks- You might be thinking, “you are crazy Brittanie!” and I get it, I am guilty of drinking energy drinks for energy to get me through the day too but in reality, they aren’t doing us any good. Energy drinks are loaded with sugar along with many other ingredients we don’t need and in the end, we crash and CRASH HARD! So avoid these altogether and search natural alternatives to giving you energy.
- Snack the right way– When we hungry many of us go to those quick and convenience processed foods. Again nothing in these truly give you any sort of good fuel. Most of these snacks are high in sugar, high in calories, and contain lots of fat. Stick with wholesome snacks such as nuts and seeds.
- Balance your meals- To have a steady flow of energy all-day you need to provide your body with the nutrition to do so. In order to do this, you have to balance your meals. Skipping meals or waiting too long in between meals doesn’t do your body any good. Stick with the traditional 3 meals a day with 2-3 snacks in between those meals to maintain constant fueling power.
- Choose a hobby- Again I must be crazy right? How can you possibly have time for a hobby when you already have a busy schedule? I say make time for one and here is why: Hobbies or things you do that isn’t work or stressful can help you feel happier and when you are happy you are healthier overall. Consider having a hobby as an entire family that would be amazing!
- Choose the right foods- Everyone knows that your energy levels and health really depend on what you eat. I know that when I eat like crap, I feel like crap but it’s the exact opposite when I eat healthy. Eating a combination of fresh, healthy, and good foods can help you get through even the worst of days.
- Take vitamins and supplements– The fact is many of us are lacking some sort of important nutrient and sometimes eating certain foods isn’t enough. Taking a daily vitamin or supplement can ensure your body has everything it needs. I recommend talking with your doctor to find out exactly what you are lacking so you know exactly what you need.
Fueling Your Body for a Better Tomorrow
As I mentioned we are all busy but making it a priority to fuel our bodies the right way helps us have a better tomorrow. It can even ensure we make it through tomorrow. For me, it’s important to take care of myself so I can be here for my family. As busy as I get I try to always remember that taking care of myself is a top priority. I often take time away from my computer (which is hard since this is my profession) and just have quality time with my family.
In my opinion so many of us allow our busy schedules to run us instead of us running them. We have to prioritize what is the most important aspects of our life and of that schedule and for me, my family always comes first.
I hope these tips that I have provided you today inspire you to fuel your body the right way so you can tackle your busy schedule. Remember that no matter what life throws at you, Milk is one way you can fuel your body and feel good about it.
Want to learn more about Milk? You can check out The Fundamentals of a Balanced Breakfast, 10 Amazing Facts About Milk, or visit Milk Life and Milk Truth which are amazing websites featuring all sorts of information about milk.
Milk Life wants to spread the goodness of milk around by giving 2 lucky readers free milk for an entire month! This is a $18 value!
Simply enter using the rafflecopter widget below. The comment is necessary to enter and once that is complete, the rest of the entry options will open on the widget. Giveaway ends 11/2/15. Good Luck!