I bet if you go look into your cupboard or pantry right now you have a nice big bag of flour, am I right? I mean, who doesn’t have flour? While flour is most commonly used for baking and cooking, there are actually many clever uses for flour and today I am going to share my favorite 15 of them with you!
I promise after reading this, you won’t look at flour the same way again!
15 Clever Uses for Flour (Other Than Baking)
- You can whip up your kids some homemade playdough that smells so much better than the store bought stuff.
- Whip up a batch of homemade fabric stiffener and get to stiffening!
- Is your skin dull? Brighten it with a grape and flour paste for your face!
- Let your kiddos get crafty with some homemade cloud dough (it’s softer and more moldable than playdough).
- Glue is a staple in any household but don’t run to the store when you run out! Make your own homemade glue with this recipe.
- Think you need expensive stainless steel cleaner? Think again! Use flour to shine stainless steel!
- Summer is coming and if you end up with a terrible fake tan, you can use flour to remove it!
- In a rush and can’t shampoo your hair? Don’t sweat it! Make some dry shampoo using flour and be on your way!
- Got ants? Get rid of them with flour. Here’s how!
- Has your playing cards seen better days? Get rid of the stick by using flour in a baggie with the playing cards to remove the ick.
- Flour works great in the garden to remove cabbage worms. Make a flour powder to eliminate these bugs altogether.
- Throwing a party that involves a piñata you need to see this recipe for piñata paste!
- Over time copper gets dull but you can shine it up with a flour paste.
- It’s the worst when you want to enjoy an avocado but it’s not ripe. Well, use flour to ripen it!
- Don’t have your husband around to untighten lids all day? Sprinkle a bit of flour on the lids for easy removal!
Want more great ideas? Check out 17 Uses for Used Coffee Grounds!