This 2-Ingredient Dr. Pepper Cake is an easy soda cake recipe that may just be the tastiest cake you’ll ever make. The best part is, there is no milk, no eggs and no butter required! Perfect for the person who loves Dr. Pepper.
With the high cost of everything right now (especially eggs) desserts that require many ingredients seem like they are completely out of our budgets.
After the success of our last soda cake (Mountain Dew flavored), I decided we needed to also make a Dr. Pepper cake.
This Dr. Pepper Soda Cake is made using just 2 main ingredients and it couldn’t be any easier to make.
I did end up topping the cake with some frosting and cherry on top for added flavor but those ingredients are totally optional.
So, if you love Dr. Pepper as much as we do, you are going to love this cake!
Want more soda cake recipes? Check out our Mountain Dew Soda Cake recipe.
2-Ingredient Dr. Pepper Cake Ingredients
- Chocolate cake mix
- Dr. Pepper (any flavor, I used the cream soda kind)
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Maraschino Cherries (optional)
Frequently Asked Questions
How far in advance can I make this?
You can make this 2-3 days in advance and keep it covered in the fridge.
Can I use any flavor of Dr. Pepper?
Yes! You can certainly use any flavor of Dr. Pepper including Diet Dr. Pepper. Just keep in mind, the flavored Dr. Peppers like Dark Berry may alter the flavor and color of the cake.
What toppings can I use for this cake?
If you want you can simply serve it plain or use a light layer of canned whipped frosting.
Things to Note:
- If you have a 2-liter of Dr. Pepper soda instead of a 12oz. can, you can measure out 1 1/2 cups of soda.
How to Make 2-Ingredient Dr. Pepper Cake
Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F and lightly greasing a 8×8 inch baking dish.
Next, in a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix and can of Dr. Pepper until everything is well combined.
Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Once finished baking, let cool completely before adding your favorite icing or a dollop of whipped cream and a cherry on top.
Cut into squares. Serve and Enjoy!
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 can of Dr. Pepper (any flavor)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Maraschino Cherries (optional)
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F and lightly greasing a 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix and can of Dr. Pepper until everything is well combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once finished baking, let cool completely before adding your favorite icing or a dollop of whipped cream and a cherry on top.
- Cut into squares. Serve and Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 24Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice. You may read our Nutritional Disclaimer here: https://www.simplisticallyliving.com/nutritional-disclaimer/