Ordering holiday cards can be a fun experience but it can also be a challenging one. I should know because after all, I do order them every year! So today I am partnering with Minted to share 5 Tips For Ordering Holiday Cards Online. Whether you’ve already ordered this year and need tips for ordering next year or you are running a little behind and still need to order yours, (yes there is still time) I hope these tips will help make the process a little easier.
5 Tips For Ordering Holiday Cards Online
- Use large images – The bigger the images the better and here’s why: Bigger images are less likely to look fuzzy or distorted when they are cropped or enlarged. The worst thing would be to pay for beautiful images, edit them, and order cards where you can’t even distinguish who is in the photo. Most online platforms will also inform you if your image is too small and needs to be changed prior to ordering like this:
- Edit within the card software – Need to crop? Enlarge? Fix those red eyes? Don’t do it before you upload your photo in the card making software. Instead, make those changes while creating your personalized cards. The more you edit an image prior to uploading it can cause it to blur and produce a messy outcome.
- Check the digital proofing – And check it twice! Digital Proofing is the best way to see your final design BEFORE you place your order and it’s sent to be printed. It allows you to see the proof and make any changes necessary before proceeding. Some websites only allow you a few digital proofs so make sure you use those wisely.
- Order more than you need – Sure, today you only need 10 cards but what happens when you remember you forget your great aunt? Yeah, don’t be one of those people. I suggest ordering 5-10 more than you actually need. If you don’t use them all then they always make great cards to put in scrapbooks and photo albums.
- Choose a card that reflects you and your family – With so many different card designs and ways to personalize them, you want to make sure the card is perfect for YOU. Forget making the cards just right for others. After all, these holiday cards are to show off you and your family so choose a card that reflects that. Many stationary sites have filters which can help you search for the perfect card.
Now that you know some tips on ordering your holiday cards you might be wondering where to order them. Don’t worry, I am going to make things much easier on you. I recommend ordering from an online website called Minted.
Minted uses technology to allow consumers to discover great creative talent, making Minted a place where artists can learn, gain exposure, and build their businesses. So when you order from Minted you are helping independent artists become known and build their businesses! A great way to help entrepreneurs.
Some of my favorite designs are shown above and you can check them out in more detail at the links below.
So what are you waiting for? There is still time to order your holiday cards this year (order by 12/11 for delivery by 12/18) and now you can do it like a pro!
I am so excited to announce that Minted and I are teaming up to offer not 1, but 2 lucky winners a $125 gift certificate to use at Minted! While you may not be able to order holiday cards in time, you could use this for birthday invitations, personalized gifts, New Year’s Eve party invitations and so much more!
Entering is simple. Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below. Winners must reside within the United States. Giveaway ends 12/16/15.