We love August because it means we are that much closer to Fall! This Apple Cinnamon Braid is amazing and will bring that crisp Fall smell into your home. And I know you all want that! 😉
What You Need to Make an Apple Cinnamon Braid:
- 1 package frozen puff pastry (I use Pepperidge Farm Trifold)
- 2 apples
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp butter
How to Make an Apple Cinnamon Braid:
- Thaw puff pastry for at least 30 minutes, or until dough is soft and pliable.
- Peel and dice apples, then combine them in a bowl with brown sugar, cinnamon, white sugar, and lime juice. Mix thoroughly until evenly coated.
- Roll out or unfold your puff pastry. With a sharp knife, make a series of cuts one finger width apart, all the way up each side panel in a diagonal direction.
- Spread your apples out on the middle panel, so that they cover it completely. Leave 1 inch clear on each end, and tuck them over to cover the ends.
- Grab your bottom-most dough “string, and fold over all the way so that it covers your apples to the other side. Repeat this, alternating sides each time, so you have a criss cross pattern going up.
- When you are finished, move your braid to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush on melted butter so that it covers the entire pastry.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve as-is or drizzle with icing.
How to Make The Icing:
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- To make, whisk vigorously until smooth. If too runny, add more powdered sugar.