This 2-Ingredient Armpit Detox is a great way to help you transition from traditional deodorants to non-aluminum, natural deodorants. It helps cleanse your pores and leaves you feeling refreshed.
The Armpit Detox started as a viral trend on TikTok. It became popular as people began to understand the harm that traditional aluminum based deodorants can have on your health.
Detox masks are not a new thing but they have grown in popularity as a way to cleanse pores and make your skin look and feel amazing.
What is an armpit detox?
An armpit detox involves using simple ingredients mixed together to create a clay that is rubbed onto your armpit area to help transition from traditional deodorants that contain aluminum to aluminum-free (natural) deodorants.
Is it good to detox armpits?
While there is no medical evidence that says detoxing armpits is good, it does offer a way to cleanse armpit pores as it has antibacterial properties that can help remove odor causing bacteria.
How do you detox armpits?
What You Will Need:
How to Make An Armpit Detox Mask
Mix a 1:1 ratio of the apple cider vinegar and Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay in a non-metal bowl with a non-metal spoon. I used 1/4 cup of each and used a ceramic bowl with a popsicle wooden stick.
As you are mixing, you may notice it fizzing, this is totally normal.
Once mixed, apply the detox mask to your underarms and let sit for 5-10 minutes. No longer than 10 minutes.
Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
Things to Note:
- DO NOT mix this mixture in a metal bowl or use metal spoons. There is a warning on the clay package. Use wooden spoons or plastic.
- Watch for skin sensitivity. If you begin feeling a burning sensation or other signs of skin irritation, wash and rinse the armpit detox mask off immediately.
- Do not use for more than 5-10 minutes as the package on the clay states.
- You can switch the Apple Cider Vinegar for water if you’d rather.
- As stated on the clay container, some redness is normal but if you begin to see a rash or more redness, remove immediately.
- If you are using apple cider vinegar, that is the smell you’ll smell while using this.
- You can apply this mask to other areas of your body including your face, neck, arms, legs, etc.
- To remove, wash with a mild soap and warm water.
- Use this at your own risk.
How to make the TikTok Viral Armpit Detox Mask
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
- Mix a 1:1 ratio of the apple cider vinegar and Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay in a non-metal bowl with a non-metal spoon. I used a popsicle wooden stick.
- Apply the detox mask to your underarms and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
Do not use metal spoons or bowls when mixing this.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.