The sun is out and our toes are needing to get some fresh air. When it’s time to head to the beach make sure you take a pair of flip flops with you. You can also take these adorable Beachy Flip Flop Cookies which are the perfect pairing to any fun day in the sun!
Beach themed parties are fun especially in the summer time. These cookies would make such a cute treat for your guests and the best part is, they are so simple to make!
You can customize the flip flops by using different colored icing and different toppings. You can even add those cute little sugar flowers you can find at the craft store. You can make a bunch of these in a very small amount of time!
Supplies Needed to Make Flip Flop Cookies:
- Vienna Fingers Cookies (you can also use Milano cookies)
- Different Colors of Frosting (I used Pillsbury pre-made frosting but you can make your own)
- Piping Bag or Ziploc Bag
- Crushed Graham Cracker Crumbs (For Display Sand)
How to Make Flip Flop Cookies:
- Place the color of icing you choose into a piping bag. Pro tip: If you don’t have a piping bag you can use a ziploc bag and cut the tip off.
- Carefully squeeze the icing onto the cookies to form the flip flop straps. It ends up looking a bit like a “Y”.
- Use another color to apply the dot in the middle like shown above. You can also add a sprinkle, edible pearl candies, etc.
- Display on a platter with sand (graham cracker crumbs work great for this) to serve and enjoy!
These are totally fun and cute to make. Perfect for your next beach party or even great as a cupcake topper!
Looking for another tasty and beachy recipe? Check out this Frozen Caribbean Breeze Cocktail!