Every year Columbus Day marks an amazing holiday that celebrates the finding of America. It is also a great day to get some shopping done before Black Friday. Shopping on this day will not only save you a ton but will also save you time and sanity during the holidays. But just because something is on sale doesn’t mean it’s a great deal. I am going to share with you the Best Items to Buy on Columbus Day!
Best Items to Buy on Columbus Day!
- Clothing– retailers will be having great sales on Fall and Winter clothing and many will even offer coupons you can stack with the sale. Keep an eye out for summer clothes marked 80% and more. Purchase them in a size up for next year.
- Appliances– by this time places are getting rid of home appliances to make way for new models so now is a great time to pick up new ones and save a bundle.
- Electronics– much like appliances, new models will be making their way into stores for the holiday season so last year’s models will be heavily discounted.
- Lawn & Garden items- With Fall in full effect items such as trees, shrubs, lawn and garden decor and more will be discounted. Now is the time to buy and save for next year.
- Airfare & Vacation packages– as you know the best way to save on vacation deals is to purchase early. If you are going to be traveling for the holidays do not wait and get your vacation booked NOW. Columbus Day is one last great time to save on this.
Items not to buy:
- Toys- these will be on sale around Black Friday so avoid buying them now.
- Cars- again better deals will be seen closer to the end of the year when dealerships are getting rid of last year’s inventory.
What other items do you find great deals on for Columbus Day?