If you haven’t had a chance to see Black Panther in theaters yet, I’ll wait until you do… Did it see it? Wasn’t it soooooo good? I loved it and that was the inspiration behind this Black Panther Cocktail. I hope you enjoy it (both the cocktail and movie) as much as we do!
Once I saw the movie I started thinking – what if I wanted to throw an epic Black Panther Party at some point this year? What if my boy’s asked for a Black Panther Birthday Party?
So, I searched Pinterest and Google and found NOTHING!
Not one Black Panther Party Idea. Say, what?
I was shocked.
So, that is when I decided I’d start with a cocktail (an adult Black Panther party idea) and go from there. There will be more party ideas to come!
Black Panther Cocktail
What You Need:
- 1 oz. Jägermeister
- 1 oz. The Kraken Black Spiced Rum
- Cocktail Shaker
- Black Food Coloring
- Silver Sprinkles
- Small Plate
- Cocktail Glass
- Small Bowl of Water
How to Make It:
- Place ice into your cocktail shaker.
- Now, add your alcohol and a few drops of black food coloring. Note: Do not add your Coca-Cola because the carbonation will make your cocktail shaker explode and it will go everywhere!
- Take your small bowl of water and dip a finger into it. Now rub your wet finger around the rim of your cocktail glass. You want to lightly moisten it.
- Pour some of your silver sprinkles onto a small place and then dip your cocktail glass upside down. You want to cover the rim of the glass with the silver sprinkles.
- Pour your cocktail mixture into your cocktail glass being careful to not wet the side of the glass (this will cause the sugar sprinkles to dissolve).
- Fill the rest of your cocktail glass with Coca-Cola and stir gently.
- Serve and enjoy!
In case you are wondering how I made my cocktail stirrer, I used black fondant to cut out a finger nail shape then brushed on some edible silver sugar dust. I then wet the backside (making it sticky) and applied it to a straw. It was super easy and turned out really cool!