Disclosure: Post sponsored by Mirum. Opinions are 100% my own.
Fall is on it’s way and that means it’s time to start thinking up some berry-filled recipes. Today I want to share this Blueberry Grilled Cheese Strangewich. It’s a strangewich because it’s strange but trust me, entirely delicious! I sure hope you’ll give it a try!
What You Need to Make a Blueberry Grilled Cheese Strangewich:
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 ounces sliced Gruyere cheese
How to Make a Blueberry Grilled Cheese Strangewich:
- First, toss blueberries with sugar in small a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, mashing occasionally with a fork, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Evenly top 2 bread slices with cheese. We cut ours into triangles and it worked out great!
- Now, top the bread slices with the blueberry mixture. Top with remaining 2 bread slices.
- Spread the outside of sandwiches evenly with Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise.
- Cook sandwiches in large nonstick skillet or on a grill over medium heat, turning once, until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Kroger Helps You Try Something Strange for Dinner
Whether you are trying to make a fun and unique school lunch for your child or trying to make family dinner night fun, Kroger can help you try something “strange” for dinner.
The best part was we found Best Foods Real Squeeze. I love squeeze bottles because they make applying condiments to your recipe so much easier and less of a mess!
As you make your back-to-school shopping lists, make sure you keep something strange in mind. For inspiration, you can visit the Hellmann’s Strangewich recipes website.