This Butterfly Pea Tea Latte is one of the prettiest teas you will ever drink. It is naturally colored blue from the tea leaves and is so simple to make.
Butterfly Pea Tea Latte
I love tea just about as much as I love coffee. Coffee by morning, tea by night.
So, when I made this tea, I almost couldn’t bring myself to drink it because it’s just so pretty.
Now, if you didn’t know, Butterfly pea tea latte is by far one of the most memorable drinks you will ever make!
The vibrant blue color comes from steeping butterfly pea flowers that are dried and brewed, the same as you would brew tea leaves.
What Is Butterfly Pea Tea?
Butterfly Pea Tea is made from Butterfly Pea Flowers, from the plant Clitoria ternatea which is in the family Fabaceae and is commonly found throughout South East Asia.
The tea has an earthy, woodsy flavor and naturally turns liquids blue when steeped.
Basically, it’s an edible flower that gives a gorgeous blue color.
What Are The Benefits To Drinking Butterfly Pea Tea?
Drinking Butterfly Pea Tea can offer several health benefits including:
- It is rich in antioxidants to help with inflammation
- It can help improve cognitive function
- It is good for your skin
- It can help facilitate digestion
- Can help with weight loss
- Can uplift mood
How to Make Butterfly Pea Tea Latte
- Ice Cubes
- Italian Sweet Cream Creamer – I use Coffee Mate brand
- Butterfly Pea Flowers
Begin by placing water in a microwave safe pitcher and microwave for 3 minutes.
Next, add butterfly pea flowers to a pitcher and pour hot water over them, letting them steep for at least 15 minutes.
Then, pour the brewed tea over ice and then pour sweet cream over the top and watch the vivid blue swirls come to life.
Serve and Enjoy!
You can serve this warm if you’d like too, I just like having it cold but it’s delicious either way.
- 2 cups Ice Cubes
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Italian Sweet Cream Creamer - I use Coffee Mate brand
- 1 tablespoon Butterfly Pea Flowers
- Begin by placing water in a microwave safe pitcher and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Next, add butterfly pea flowers to a pitcher and pour hot water over them, letting them steep for at least 15 minutes.
- Then, pour the brewed tea over ice and then pour sweet cream over the top and watch the vivid blue swirls come to life.
- Serve and Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 309mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 7g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice.