This Copycat Taco Bell Baja Blast Freeze tastes like the real thing. It is the perfect sippable treat to make at home on a warm day and it is so easy to make.
Copycat Taco Bell Baja Blast Freeze
If you asked me what my favorite drink is (besides Dr. Pepper of course) it would hands down by Mountain Dew Baja Blast.
Not only does it taste delicious, but it just happens to be the same color as my favorite color (that gorgeous aqua if you couldn’t tell by my blog).
Mountain Dew is a total staple in our home and my kids love it too (in moderation). We recently made Mountain Dew Biscuits and now we cracked the code on Homemade Mountain Dew Baja Blast.
How to Make A Mountain Dew Baja Blast Freeze At Home
- Mountain Dew – I used regular but you can also use diet if you’d prefer
- Cool Blue Gatorade – You can also use Blue Powerade but the Gatorade is made by the same company that makes Mountain Dew (Pepsi)
- Lemonade – Optional but I like that is gives it a bit of a sweeter taste
- Blender – I used my favorite Portable BlendJet 2 Blender and it makes the individual drinks. My kids love to help with it too! Use code Simplisticallyliving12 to save on your order!
Put your Mountain Dew, Gatorade and Lemonade into the bottom of your blender and fill up the rest with ice (if using the BlendJet your liquid goes into the bottom first).
Mix on high for 20-30 seconds then pour into a glass and enjoy right away.
Keep in mind these do melt faster than the Freezes at Taco Bell but it’s just as delicious!
If you are watching your calories, you can make a Skinny Baja Blast Freeze version by using Diet Mountain Dew and Blue Gatorade Zero.
- 4 oz. Mountain Dew
- 4 oz. Cool Blue Gatorade
- 1 oz. Lemonade
- 1 Cup Ice
- Put your Mountain Dew, Gatorade and Lemonade into the bottom of your blender and fill up the rest with ice (if using the BlendJet your liquid goes into the bottom first).
- Mix on high for 20-30 seconds then pour into a glass and enjoy right away.
- Keep in mind these do melt faster than the Freezes at Taco Bell but it's just as delicious!