Sometimes you need to drink your chocolate. For me, I honestly don’t care how I consume chocolate just as long as I am. So I’ve come up with the perfect treat and want to share it with you. How does a Death By Chocolate Latte Sound? If you said delicious then continue reading to snag the recipe, if you answered something else, well then you don’t deserve chocolate! Just kidding, but really how doest this NOT sound amazing?
Supplies Needed to Make a Death By Chocolate Latte:
- 1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy Cream
- 1/8 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brewed Dark Coffee
- 1/4 Cup Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate wafers, Chopped
- Mason Jar
How to Make a Death By Chocolate Latte:
- Pour chocolate milk and cream in a double boiler continue to whisk over high heat until the mixture is hot and frothy.
- Take off of the heat and stir in the vanilla and sugar until the sugar has blended into the milk/cream mixture.
- Pour the hot coffee into a mug adding the chocolate pieces. Whisk these together until the mixture is smooth.
- Blend the milk, vanilla, and sugar mixture into the coffee and chocolate mixture.
- Top with froth from your milk.
- Top with a dollop of whip cream (optional).
For the Froth:
- Using your mason jar fill the milk up 1/2 way.
- Seal the lid and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Remove the lid and place in the microwave for 60 seconds.
- Pour around 1 tbsp. of milk into your coffee.
- Now spoon the foam from the milk and place on your coffee.