I just love owls and I love to craft so as soon as I saw the cute little wooden owls I knew I wanted to make this DIY Owl Air Freshener. If you like owls as much as I do, this craft is one you must make!
Air Fresheners can be cute and functional but they can also be pricey. That is why I want to share with you this easy DIY Owl Air Freshener craft. These are perfect to create for any occasion and will make adorable gifts during the holidays or even for parties! Plus they can be made inexpensively with just a few simple items from your local craft store!
Supplies Needed to Make a Owl Air Freshener:
- Wooden cut outs (balsam wood works best, sold in packs of 4-6 for under $3 at most craft stores) I found mine at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 and you can use the 40% off coupon making them only $1.19. I chose the owls because I am obsessed with cute owls 🙂
- Essential oil of your choice
- Food coloring
- Small bowl
How to Make a Owl Air Freshener:
1. Begin by placing a few drops of essential oil in a small bowl. Any essential or scented oil will do.
2. Mix in a drop or two of food coloring. You only need to do this step if you wish for your air freshener to be colored. You can leave it natural if you wish and avoid food coloring all together.
3. The oil and coloring will separate, so take a toothpick and stir quickly to mix it well.
4. Dip the brush in the mixture and brush it onto the wood cut out. Apply it generously. It is easiest if you have the cut out resting flat on a plate when you color it.
5. Apply the mixture to both sides of the shape, allowing each side to dry thoroughly before flipping.
6. Once the shape is dry, feel free to brush on one last coating of scented oil.
Now all you need to do is allow the shape to dry. Once it is dry, cut a length of twine or ribbon and run it through the shape. The air freshener can now be hung wherever you please. Over time if you notice the scent disappearing you can add more fragrance by simply brushing the scented oil on it as you did before. The wood will soak up the oils and the shape will retain the smell nicely.