Lately my son has been really into The Avengers, I mean can you blame him? So I decided to come up with some fun Avengers themed crafts and recipes. This DIY Iron Man Gloves craft have be my favorite thus far and since they are a unique idea (I haven’t seen them posted anywhere online yet) I thought I had to share it with you all!
In my opinion, the best crafts are those that are simple and inexpensive to make. Especially when they are kid crafts. Why? Because kids play hard and sometimes things get broken or lost. Part of the reason I love this craft so much is because they cost less than $5 to make! Crazy right?
I have to say that I really pondered on these Iron Man Gloves for awhile and I didn’t know how they’d turn out. Once my son got dressed up in his Iron Man costume and put the gloves on, I knew I had really hit this project out of the park. Ever since we took pictures, he hasn’t taken off his costume or the gloves, yep this is kid approved!
Everything you need to create these gloves can be found at Dollar Tree (other than the fabric glue). It costs $3 in supplies from Dollar Tree and another $2 (when you use the weekly 40% off coupon) to purchase the fabric glue at Hobby Lobby. So for a total of $5 you can make a pair of these!
Now onto the fun part…
DIY Iron Man Gloves
- Red Gloves (found down the socks isle at Dollar Tree)
- Red LED Push Lights (found down the hardware isle at Dollar Tree)
- 3 AAA batteries (found at Dollar Tree)
- Loctite Crafter’s Indoor-Safe Adhesive (this works best to adhere the plastic to the fabric)
- Remove the lights from the packages and install the batteries in the back. Replace backing onto the light.
- Remove the sticker from the adhesive part of the back of the light. You will see the white foam piece exposed.
- Apply a generous amount of the adhesive to the white foam part on the light.
- Place the light directly on the inside of the glove. I found it easier to put the glove on my hand then apply the light where I wanted.
- Allow the adhesive to dry for a minimum of 45 minutes before allowing your children to play with it.
- Once dried, place the gloves on your children and let them be their own Iron Man!
Looking for more fun Avengers related content? Check out more below!