When you combine money and creativity, the possibilities are endless and you can ensure the recipient will love it!
Here is what you will need:
- Money (I liked getting $1 and $5 bills since it made a fuller basket but you can use which ever bills you like)
- A jar, basket, or vase. (Dollar Tree has these)
- A pack of Bamboo Skewers
- Double Sided sticky tape
- Tissue Paper
- Any additional things you want to add to the basket. I ended up adding some glitter decorative sticks (forgot to take a picture).
- Start by placing about 2 inches of double sided sticky tape on the money. Place the bamboo skewer one side of the stick so the money is vertical when they are placed in the jar.
- Once all the money is placed on the sticks, place the tissue paper at the bottom of your jar, basket, or vase.
- Start arranging the sticks the way you want. You can also add a foam piece at the bottom to help them stay in place.
- Add any additional decorative sticks or flowers you want in between the money sticks.
- Rap ribbon around the basket or jar and gift it to your recipient!
I did this for my mom’s birthday on Saturday. I wanted to do something a little more creative than giving money in a card or giving a gift card. You can also make these to be themed around the holidays!
Do you like this idea? If so, be sure to Repin it using the button below!