Do you need a last-minute gift for a birthday, special occasion, or even when it comes to the holidays? If so, check out this cute DIY Money Gift Basket Gift!
When you combine money and creativity, the possibilities are endless and you can ensure the recipient will love it!
Here is what you will need:
- Money (I liked getting $1 and $5 bills since it made a fuller basket but you can use which ever bills you like)
- A jar, basket, or vase. (Dollar Tree has these)
- A pack of Bamboo Skewers
- Double Sided sticky tape
- Tissue Paper
- Any additional things you want to add to the basket. I ended up adding some glitter decorative sticks (forgot to take a picture).
- Start by placing about 2 inches of double sided sticky tape on the money. Place the bamboo skewer one side of the stick so the money is vertical when they are placed in the jar.
- Once all the money is placed on the sticks, place the tissue paper at the bottom of your jar, basket, or vase.
- Start arranging the sticks the way you want. You can also add a foam piece at the bottom to help them stay in place.
- Add any additional decorative sticks or flowers you want in between the money sticks.
- Rap ribbon around the basket or jar and gift it to your recipient!
I did this for my mom’s birthday on Saturday. I wanted to do something a little more creative than giving money in a card or giving a gift card. You can also make these to be themed around the holidays!
Do you like this idea? If so, be sure to Repin it using the button below!
Last Minute DIY Gift Baskets
Monday 23rd of December 2013
[…] Who wouldn’t want this?!? Photo Credit […]