This past weekend we celebrated my son’s 1st Birthday party and it was MONSTER themed! I made several items myself for the party including a Monster Eyeball Picture Frame. In fact, I made 2!
These picture frames were so fun to make and perfect for my son’s birthday party. But if you are looking for a unique decorating idea for Halloween or even a crafting idea for older kids, these will be great for those times as well!
Overall, this is quite an easy craft and is very inexpensive to make. Just make sure to be careful with the hot glue gun as it can burn little hands.
What You Will Need to Make a Monster Eyeball Picture Frame:
- Wooden Frame (unfinished)
- Americana Multi-Surface Satin Paint (I used the Pumpkin Orange and Neon Green color)
- Paint Brush (I like the foam craft brushes)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Googly Eyes
How to Make a Monster Eyeball Picture Frame:
- Use your paint brush to paint the frames in your desired color. It takes about 3-4 coats but you want to allow each coat of paint to dry before applying the next.
- Once the frames are dry, it’s time to hot glue googly eyes onto the frames. I started with the big eyeballs then filled in empty space with smaller eyes. You can do as many or as little as you’d like.
- Clean up the frames by removing any stringy pieces of glue.
- Add your picture and display it for all the monsters in your home to see! By the way, yes that is my little guy in the pictures. 😉
Looking for more Monster party theme ideas? Check out more below!