For quite some time I have been wanting to make pretty jewelry dishes for my husband and I to place our rings into each night. After browsing some ideas on Pinterest I finally decided to make these Personalized Jewelry Dishes.
These are perfect for any side table or nightstand. I used a Monogram letter B and filled in our full names. Since our home decor contains turquoise I thought the turquoise vinyl was perfect for this project and I created it using my silhouette portrait machine. You can customize these using any fonts, colors, and images you like which is the beauty of it!
These are so easy to make and very inexpensive. If you have a Silhouette machine you know the possibilities are endless with what you can create. If you want to make some of these too then I have step-by-step instructions for you below. These even make great wedding and holiday gifts!
DIY Personalized Jewelry Dishes
What You’ll Need:
- A silhouette cutting machine
- Adhesive Vinyl
- Dip Bowl Dishes (I found these at Target for $1.99 each)
- Tools to weed (clean up) your design
- Start by heading over to the silhouette design store and type in “monogram letter” and it will pull up tons of different designs. Download one to your liking.
- If you want to put a name on the inside of the monogram use the “Book Antiqua” font.
- Open your design in the Silhouette Studio software. For this particular dish from Target you want to make your image 2.625″ x 2.825″ and it will fit perfectly.
- Cut out your image and weed the design.
- Carefully use transfer paper to adhere the design to the dish. Make sure to rub it gently in all areas to ensure it sticks to the dish
Then you will have a personalized jewelry dish! You can make them with names, initials, or even just put “His” and “Hers” on them and place them on each end table. These are really fun and add a personalized touch to any home decor!