Baths are the best but they are even better with some soothing bath salts. Next time you or your child is taking a bath, give these Rainbow Bath Salts a try for some color and relaxing fun!
Bath salts are good for so many reasons. You can soothe sore and tired muscles, soften and exfoliate your skin, and they just add to that overall good feeling of a bath.
My favorite part about making bath salts is how inexpensive and easy they are to make. For just a few dollars you can make a nice big batch of bath salts with the color and scent you want. This time around my son and I made some specifically for him. He loves anything that involves color and crafting (he gets that from me) so these rainbow colored bath salts were perfect!
Want to make some for yourself? Learn how to below!
DIY Rainbow Bath Salts
- Epsom Salt (found mine at Dollar Tree)
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Baking Soda
- Food Coloring (found this at Dollar Tree)
- Lemon Essential Oil (or any other skin safe essential oil or fragrance oil scent you like)
- In a small bowl combine 1 cup of Epsom salt, 1/2 cup sea salt, and 3 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Add 5-6 drops of essential oil or fragrance oil and stir well.
- Separate the bath salts into small bowls or cups so you can dye the salts different colors. I placed 1/4 cup of the salt mixture into a cup and then added the food coloring to each cup to reach my desired color. If you do not want to dye your bath salts or want to dye them only one color you can skip this step.
- Store your bath salts into an airtight container or use them in a bath immediately.