By reusing common household items you can reduce, reuse, and recycle which means you are helping our environment and of course saving money. Below is quick instructions for a DIY Watering Can. This is perfect for Gardening!
What you need:
- An old detergent bottle (or milk jug)
- A metal knife
- A lighter
- Thoroughly clean your detergent bottle out. Use hot water and a bit of dish detergent. Shake the bottle well to ensure all the laundry detergent has been removed.
- Heat up a knife using a lighter.
- Use the knife (while it’s still hot) to burn holes into the top of the detergent lid. Be sure to not make the holes too big or the water will flow to quickly.
- Place the lid back on the detergent bottle and there you go, you have your own DIY Watering Can!
I personally like to use a detergent bottle like the one above because it is more durable and it’s slanted for ease of watering. However, you can also use a empty milk jug.
Do you like this tip? If so be sure to Repin it by using the button below.