Cookies are one of the best desserts because there are so many kinds and the are relatively easy to make. Since I’ve been in the baking mood lately I decided to share my latest creation which is this recipe for Easy Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies.
My son loves strawberries so much in fact that I bet he could live off them forever. That is why I knew these strawberry chocolate chip cookies would be a huge hit in our house and they were!
You can make these for parties, barbecues, and even gifts to give your neighbors. They are pink, sweet, and chocolatey so you can’t go wrong!
Want more ideas? Check out these tasty eats!
Ingredients Needed to Make Easy Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and vanilla by hand.
- Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to form a firm dough. Stir vigorously until all of the pockets of dry cake mix are gone.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place rounded balls of dough (about 2 tablespoons each) onto prepared baking sheet. You can use a small ice cream scooper to do this. Place a few more chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough balls for looks, if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes – do not let the cookies get brown. You want to keep that nice pink strawberry color.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes; they will be very soft at first. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.