Edible Cookie Dough is the perfect treat when you’re craving something sweet. This recipe eliminates the risk of salmonella from store bought raw cookie dough and gives you a treat you can eat by the spoonfuls.
Edible Cookie Dough
We love making cookies in our house. In fact, I’d say that aside from chocolate, cookies are the dessert we typically always have in our house because my kids love them.
The thing is, my husband and I always find ourselves craving cookie dough but we want to avoid getting sick so, we decided to make our own homemade (and safe to consume raw) version of Cookie Dough.
If you can mix a few ingredients into a large bowl, you can make this Homemade Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe!
Is All-Purpose Flour Safe To Consume Raw?
This recipe does require all-purpose flour which you shouldn’t eat raw because it can contain harmful bacteria and other contaminants.
The safest way to consume the flour is to heat-treat the flour before consumption.
How Do You Heat-Treat Flour?
Heat-treating the flour is important step to consuming raw flour. Heat-treating the flour ensures that the bad bacteria are killed, so that the flour can be used in no-bake desserts like this one. There are two methods to heat-treating flour.
First, the simplest way to do heat-treat flour is by putting flour into a bowl and microwaving it on high until it’s 165 degrees.
The second method requires using the oven. Simply lay out the flour on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and bake it for 10 minutes at 350°F.
Once the flour is cooked, you can resume using it in any no-bake recipe such as this edible cookie dough recipe.
How to Make Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Butter, softened
- Brown sugar
- All-purpose flour – Make sure you heat-treat this first (read steps above)
- Milk chocolate chips
- Rainbow sprinkles (optional)
Start by heat-treating your all-purpose flour (see note above).
Next, in a medium mixing bowl, beat butter, flour, salt, sugar, and brown sugar together.
Add vanilla and milk and mix again until a solid dough forms.
Gently fold in chocolate chips.
Top with rainbow sprinkles if you choose to.
Serve and Enjoy! I like eating mine by the spoonful or using pieces of graham crackers to scoop it up.
Want more Rainbow Treats? Check out:
- Funfetti Cake Batter Popsicles
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Funfetti Cheesecake with A Cake Crust
- Gummy Bear Jello Shots
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp milk
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Rainbow sprinkles (optional)
- Start by heat-treating your all-purpose flour (see note above).
- Next, in a medium mixing bowl, beat butter, flour, salt, sugar, and brown sugar together.
- Add vanilla and milk and mix again until a solid dough forms.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Top with rainbow sprinkles if you choose to.
- Serve and Enjoy! I like eating mine by the spoonful or using pieces of graham crackers to scoop it up.
Make sure you heat-treat your all-purpose flour before consuming.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram