Ghirardelli White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake is so easy to make. This holiday cheesecake is made with a graham cracker crust, creamy white chocolate peppermint cheesecake, and a fluffy peppermint whipped cream.
Ghirardelli White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
If you’ve been a reader of Simplistically Living for some time, you know we love peppermint especially around the holidays.
From our Peppermint Hot Cocoa Bombs, Peppermint Red Velvet Cake Roll, Cranberry Peppermint Martini, Candy Cane Crinkle Cookies and even our Boozy Peppermint Hot Cocoa, we simply can’t get enough peppermint during the holiday season.
Aside from peppermint, we also really love cheesecake, I mean, can you blame us? It’s a creamy and decadent dessert that is perfect for sharing (although not required).
What You’ll Need to Make A Ghirardelli White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
This recipe makes one 9-inch springform pan and serves 6-8 depending on how big you cut the slices.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – This will be used for the crust of the cheesecake
- Sugar – Because every dessert uses sugar for taste
- Unsalted Butter – This helps control the amount of salt in the recipe
- Cream Cheese – Make sure this is at room temperature
- Milk – Whole is best to give it a creamy consistency but you can use any milk you’d like
- Eggs – Make sure these are at room temperature
- Sour Cream
- Pure Peppermint Extract
- Flour – All purpose works best
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Crushed Peppermint Candy – You can crush candy canes or use pre-made crushed peppermint pieces
- Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark – This will be the topping of your peppermint cheesecake
- 9-inch Springform Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Piping Bag with Star Tip
How to Make A White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
Prepare your springform pan by cutting out a circle of parchment paper to fit on the bottom of the springform pan. Set aside.
Next, you will make the graham cracker crust by mixing together all the ingredients until you have a wet sand mixture and place it into the bottom of the pan.
Preheat the oven to 325
Make the peppermint cheesecake filling and pour the cheesecake into the crust inside of the pan and bake in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Turn the oven off, and let the cheesecake completely cool for about 3 hours. This will help prevent cracking.
Once it’s completely cool chill in refrigerator overnight.
Make the peppermint whipped cream topping and scoop whipped cream into the piping bag and pipe big dollops of whipped cream all over the cheesecake.
Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy and place a Ghirardelli
peppermint bark piece onto the cheesecake.
Cut into pieces when ready to serve.
Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
Peppermint Cheesecake Filling Ingredients
- 4 - 8oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon pure peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup flour
Peppermint Whipped Cream Topping Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups crushed peppermint candy
- 6-8 pieces of Ghirardelli peppermint bark
Graham Cracker Crust Directions
- First, start by preparing your springform pan by cut out a circle of parchment paper to fit on the bottom of the springform pan. Set aside.
- Next, you will make the graham cracker crust by mixing together all the ingredients until you have a wet sand mixture.
- Take the mixture and press onto bottom of springform pan and about 3 inches up the sides. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325
Peppermint Cheesecake Directions
- Now you will make the peppermint cheesecake filling. Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until combined.
- Now beat in milk, eggs, sour cream, peppermint extract and flour until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake into the crust inside of the pan and bake in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven off, and let the cheesecake completely cool for about 3 hours. This will help prevent cracking.
- Once it’s completely cool chill in refrigerator overnight.
Peppermint Whipped Cream Topping Directions
- Once chilled, make the peppermint whipped cream topping by using a standing mixer to mix the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugarand peppermint extract on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop whipped cream into the piping bag and pipe big dollops of whipped cream all over the cheesecake.
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy and place a Ghirardelli peppermint bark piece onto the cheesecake.
- Cut into pieces when ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1649Total Fat: 92gSaturated Fat: 52gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 359mgSodium: 754mgCarbohydrates: 189gFiber: 3gSugar: 137gProtein: 20g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice.