This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
Have you ever wanted some cake but didn’t want to make a full one just for your enjoyment? If you answered yes, you are certainly not alone! I love cake but making a large one can be so time consuming especially if I know nobody is going to eat it with me. Since it’s the holidays I figured now would be the perfect time to partner with MARS and share a Holiday Mug Cake recipe that is perfect for individuals! You could even gift all of the ingredients and give them away in a cute mug for the holidays!
With just a few simple ingredients and in a matter of minutes you will be enjoying a delicious cake!
Supplies Needed for a Holiday Mug Cake:
- 1/2 Cup Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix (you can also use the regular kind if you can’t find the holiday kind)
- Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Cold Milk (I used the Great Value 1% milk)
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- M&M’s® White Peppermint Candies
- M&M’s® Holiday Milk Chocolate Candies
- A Microwaveable Mug
- A Microwave
- Piping Bag
- Piping Tip (I used a large star tip)
How to Make a Holiday Mug Cake:
- Spray the inside of your mug with the non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, egg, olive oil, and milk. Stir until the mixture is slightly lumpy.
- Carefully spoon the cake mixture into the bottom of your mug. You want your mug about 1/3 of the way full.
- Cook in microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove and let sit for about a minute. If it needs more cooking time, cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, place your frosting into a piping bag with a piping tip.
- Pipe the frosting onto the top of the cake.
- Top off with a mixture of M&M’s® White Peppermint and Milk Chocolate Candies
Enjoy Your Cake and Drink Milk Too
I’ll admit, this holiday mug cake is certainly sweet so I ate mine with a nice big glass of cold milk. It’s really the perfect pairing to any cake, wouldn’t you agree?
Milk is such a big part of our diet because it is so good for us. But did you know that hungry children and families in your community are missing out on the essential nutrients supplied by milk? Why is this? It is because it’s not typically donated to food banks – even though it’s in high demand.
But, YOU can HELP! For a small donation at pourmilklove.com. The Great American Milk Drive will deliver a gallon of milk – and all of the essential nutrients, including protein, that it provides – to a family in need in YOUR local community.
You can also purchase 2 bags of M&M’s® at Walmart (9.4 oz bags or larger) and up to a gallon of milk will be donated to the drive! I found everything I needed at my local Walmart and you can too!
I love a good sweepstakes and I am sure you do too! You can enter to win a KitchenAid Mixer. I actually own one (just recently bought it) and they are AMAZING for baking!
Simply vote for your favorite recipe/photo and you are entered in a drawing to win one of eight KitchenAid® mixers! Good Luck!
You can learn more about The Great American Milk Drive here, print a coupon, make a donation, and view additional holiday recipes.
Looking for another tasty Mug Cake? Check out this Apple Crisp Cake in a Mug recipe!
40+ Enjoyable Christmas Treats To Make With Your Household - Pecunia Way
Sunday 20th of November 2022
[…] daughter loves serving to me make Simplistically Dwelling‘s Vacation Mug Cake. She will get a kick out of the truth that her cake is in a mug and it is […]
40+ Fun Christmas Treats To Make With Your Family - Toys Are Yours
Tuesday 1st of December 2020
[…] daughter loves helping me make Simplistically Living‘s Holiday Mug Cake. She gets a kick out of the fact that her cake is in a […]
Mug Cake Recipes Vegan Mug Cakes Paleo Mug Cakes Easy Mug Cake
Thursday 27th of October 2016
[…] Holiday Mug Cake from Simplistically […]
Perfect Jar and Mug Recipes For Kids Birthdays
Monday 21st of December 2015
[…] simple and nice and just in time for Christmas. Lovely Brittanie (again) shared this on her blog and I just love love love […]
Friday 18th of December 2015
So yummy and so easy! Thanks so much for sharing your yummy recipe on the Monday Funday Party! XO