Acne is one of those pesky things that nobody likes. If you have tried every acne treatment out there with no luck then I may just have the solution for you. I have compiled a list of Home Remedies for Acne! Try one, or try all. See what works for you!
I would love to hear about what does and doesn’t work for you so make sure to give these a try and come back to leave your thoughts.
- Eggs– Eggs are packed with protein but they are also packed with B vitamins and zinc which is great for acne prone skin. Simply crack open and egg and separate the egg whites. Apply egg whites to your face and allow to dry (about 20 minutes) then wash and rise liberally.
- Potato– These babies are good for soothing and reducing the look of irritated skin. Slice up a potato and apply the slices to the problematic areas of your skin for up to 30 minutes.
- Orange Peels– Oranges are just so sweet and great for many uses. Slice an orange and save the peels. Grind up the peels with some water in a blender to make a paste. Apply to your face and allow to dry. Wash and rise as usual. Vitamin C promotes growth of new cells and helps the appearance of skin.
- Banana Peels– Much like Oranges, Bananas have many benefits. Eat a banana and then save the peel. Rub the peel in a circular motion on your face. Allow the peel to sit on your face for 30 minutes and rinse as usual.
- Honey– No not your husband the edible kind. Honey is a natural antiseptic and perfect for acne. Wash your face with a mild soap and warm water then apply raw honey to your face while your face is still wet. Leave on for a few minutes before washing off.
- Lemon Juice– Lemons are a powerful fruit. Dab a cotton ball or Q-tip in a fresh lemon or lemon juice and apply to the areas on your face that need treatment. You can leave on for a few minutes for acne or leave on overnight to reduce the appearance of acne scars.
- Aloe– If you have a green thumb then head to the store to grab a aloe plant. Cut off a leave and squeeze out the aloe. You can refrigerate the aloe for up to a week when lemon or lime juice is added to help preserve the paste. Apply to your face, allow to dry and then wash and rinse off.
- Garlic– Thanks to the antibacterial properties of Garlic it makes for a perfect home remedy. Mash up a few cloves and add water. Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes until the juice of the garlic is released. Soak up the juice with a cotton ball and apply to face for several minutes then wash.
- Strawberries– The red berries contain natural salicylic acid which as you may know is in just about every over the counter acne face product. Blend strawberries and yogurt or sour cream to create a paste. Apply the paste to your face for several minutes and wash.
- Tomatoes– Thanks to the vitamins (A,C and K) and the acidity in tomatoes, it makes them a great home remedy for acne. Mash up a tomato and apply it to your face like a mask. Leave on for several minutes before washing.
- Cucumbers– You’ve seen these applied to eyelids before so why not apply them to your face? Grind up some cucumbers and water and apply to your face like a mask. Allow to dry then wash off.