This year I have really been trying to incorporate natural and organic products into my life. As part of my DIY beauty series, I wanted to share with you all this Homemade Bronzer recipe!
In the winter our skin becomes more colorless and pale looking. Owning a great bronzer that can bring a bit of color and life back your skin is a must! The issue is some bronzers are too orange or leave a weird tint on your face. The last thing any of us want is to look like an oompa loompa.
There you had your visual! So back to what I was saying… This Homemade Bronzer is something you just have to try. The beauty of it is that you can adjust the color to match your skintone ensuring you get that summer glow and nothing more. Did I mention all the items can be found right in your cupboard?
Ingredients Needed to Make Homemade Bronzer:
- 2 teaspoons of corn starch (you can also use baby powder, powdered sugar, arrowroot powder, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2-3 drops of lemon essential oil (you can use any scent you like)
How to Make Homemade Bronzer:
- In a small bowl combine the corn starch, cocoa, and nutmeg. Mix until well blended.
- Add up to 10 drops of lemon essential oil to your mixture and mix until all the liquid is absorbed. Although this step is not necessary, I find it does make the bronzer smell better. Lemon is known to be uplifting and energizing which is an added bonus!
- Scoop the mixture into your chosen container. I used an old compact container (great way to recycle).
- Gently press the mixture down until you get a smooth surface. I used the backside of my spoon to help me pack it in.
- Use your powder brush to lightly dust the areas where the sun would naturally hit your face (cheeks, nose, chin, forehead, etc.)
- Store in a container and use it as often as you’d like!
If you are finding that the color is too light then you can add more cocoa powder. If it’s too dark, you can add more corn starch and less cocoa powder. You can really adjust this recipe to meet your needs!