Sometimes you need a good old soak in the tub. Sometimes you can also make playtime in the tub a bit more fun for the kids. This Homemade Bubble Bath is perfect no matter who you are or how you want to enjoy your time in the tub.
If you visit my site regularly you know I am on this “homemade” kick. I love making things from scratch and lately it’s been beauty products. I’ve made homemade soap, bath salts, sugar scrubs, and face masks. I figured it was time to make some bubbly bath soap.
Not only is this super easy to make, it’s very kid-friendly. I had my 4 year old son help me make it and he had a great time. Kids can make it and use it so it’s a great and quick craft to do with the family.
I really love this recipe because you customize it to whatever scent you want. With Mother’s Day nearing this would also make a great addition to a gift basket and it’s all made with love. Ready to give it a try? The directions are below.
Supplies Needed to Make Homemade Bubble Bath:
- Liquid Suspension Soap Base
- Food coloring
- Bubblegum fragrance oil (or any skin safe essential or fragrance oil)
- Iridescent skin safe glitter (optional)
- Plastic pipette
- Measuring cup
How to Make Homemade Bubble Bath:
- Pour roughly 2 cups of suspension soap base into the measuring cup. If you choose to make different colors, separate this amount into smaller cups or bowls prior to adding color.
- Place 3-5 drops of food coloring (of your chosen color) into the soap base. Stir well.
- Add 1/8 teaspoon of iridescent glitter to the mixture and blend well.
- Add 6-7 drops of the bubblegum fragrance oil and mix well.
- Place the soap base directly into the bath or onto a loofah to enjoy luxurious bubbles. You can store any leftovers in an airtight container for future use.
Looking for more DIY Beauty Products? Check out the list below!