When summer comes so does all the bugs. I don’t know about you but I don’t like bugs but I also don’t like all those commercial bug sprays. That is why I want to share this Homemade Bug Repellent recipe with you all.
I always talk about how homemade products are so much better for you.
As you know, products found in your grocery stores are filled full of chemicals and toxins and you truly have no idea what is in them.
As far as bug repellent goes, did you know that DEET is actually a synthetically made product? Meaning it is made chemically in a lab and not naturally. Kind of scary that so many of us use that every year when we go camping or spend time outdoors. I was one of those people but not anymore!
This DIY Homemade Bug Spray is the perfect way to repel bugs in a way that is natural, safe, and effective. I sure hope you will give it a try!
Ingredients Needed to Make Homemade Bug Repellent:
Other Supplies needed:
- Measuring cup
- Spray bottle (found at Dollar Tree)
How to Make Homemade Bug Repellent:
- Measure about 2 cups of witch hazel into the measuring cup.
- Pour the witch hazel into your spray bottle then fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water. Remember to leave enough room to add the rest of the ingredients.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable glycerin to the spray bottle.
- Add 3-4 drops of peppermint essential oil to the spray bottle. With Young Living Essential Oils you don’t need very many drops.
- Shake the spray bottle until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Spray on your skin or in areas of your home you want to keep bugs away from. Repeat as needed.
Note: Peppermint is known to give a tingly feeling when applied to skin so please be aware when using this essential oil.