This is the year I am wanting to do things myself and make more homemade goodies. One item we always purchase is breakfast or snack bars so I sought out to make my own. These Homemade Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars are tasty and so easy to make!
In my personal opinion homemade food is the best. You know exactly what ingredients is going into the food you are making for your family. Knowing what ingredients are in my foods has become even more important since I am breastfeeding my youngest son. Since he was born he has had a sensitive stomach so I certainly have to watch what I eat so it doesn’t affect him. I am happy to say the ingredients in these bars are something he won’t have any issue with!
If you are sensitive to certain ingredients including Gluten you will be happy to know these are Gluten Free! Ready to make some for yourself? The recipe is below! Enjoy!
Supplies Needed to Make Homemade Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars:
- 2 ½ cups old-fashioned rolls oats (not instant or quick oats)
- ¼ cup brown sugar (can use light or dark brown sugar. I personally like the organic kind.)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed (the more ripe the better)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup Organic Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray an 8” x 8” square (or 9” x 9”) baking pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and mix until well blended.
- Add in the milk, vanilla, and egg. Mix together until evenly combined.
- Add mashed bananas, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then cut into bars.
- Store in airtight container until ready to be consumed.