I believe the best gifts are those that are homemade. This Homemade Peppermint Sugar Scrub will make the perfect gift because it will make anyone feel and smell great!
Sugar Scrub is one of the best ways to soften and exfoliate your skin. Sugar has natural properties that moisturize your skin and prevent it from drying. When used correctly, it can also be a great exfoliate to polish your skin and get rid of any dead skin cells. This is certainly perfect for Winter when our skin tends to be quite dry and flaky.
Other benefits of Sugar Scrub include:
- Reversing signs of aging
- Increases collagen production
- Prevents acne
- Can reduce symptoms of skin diseases
- Tones and tightens pores of the skin
The best part about this recipe is you probably already have everything you need right in your kitchen. If you don’t it is very inexpensive to get the supplies and they can be found at your local grocery store.
What You’ll Need:
- 2-3 cups of Granulated White Sugar
- Red Food Coloring
- 1 Cup Organic Coconut Oil
- Peppermint Essentials Oil or Peppermint Fragrance Oil
- Melt 1 cup of coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave. It’s best to heat for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until it is all the way melted.
- Measure out 1 cup of sugar and slowly pour into the warm coconut oil. You want to make sure the sugar is blending well with the coconut oil. If the oil starts to get hard just heat it up in the microwave again.
- Continue to slowly add the sugar until you reach a nice grainy consistency (aim for the consistency of brown sugar).
- Add the red food coloring a few drops at a time until you reach your desired shade of red. I used about 40 drops. Keep in mind as the mixture sets, the color will lighten over time.
- Add 3-5 drops of peppermint essential oil or fragrance oil. Again the scent will lighten over time so if you plan on storing it for awhile you can add a few extra drops. (If adding the food coloring and essential/fragrance oil makes the mixture watery, you can add more sugar to make it thicker.)
That’s it! You will now have a Homemade Peppermint Sugar Scrub. This recipe made enough to fill (2) 8 oz glass jars. You can store them in some cut jars and place them into your bathroom for guests to use or give them away as gifts!
To make gift giving easier, I’ve created Free Printable Peppermint Sugar Scrub Labels! Simply print, cut, and glue (or tape) them onto the container you give this scrub away in!
If you like this idea here are some other great homemade ideas:
20 Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipes - You Brew My Tea
Monday 25th of January 2021
[…] Homemade Peppermint Sugar Scrub from Simplistically Living […]
15 Holiday Sugar Scrub Recipes - Fullact Trending Stories With The Laugh Mixture
Wednesday 23rd of November 2016
[…] great peppermint scrub. It is so invigorating to the senses and would be great for gifting! via Simplistically […]
28 Sugar Scrubs To Get Your Feet Summer Ready
Sunday 17th of April 2016
[…] don’t care what time of the year it is, Peppermint Sugar Scrub smells amazing and does wonders for the […]
13 Sugar Scrub Recipes To Get Your Skin Silky Smooth
Tuesday 12th of April 2016
[…] you thought peppermint was something you just enjoyed during the holidays think again! This peppermint sugar scrub is great for exfoliation but smells delicious […]
DIY spécial Noël : 15 recettes de gommage | Beautistas
Tuesday 15th of December 2015
[…] gommage menthe poivrée […]