We all remember to wash our clothes, clean our homes, but we tend to forget to clean our makeup brushes. It’s a thing we must do in order to maintain healthy and beautiful skin. That is why I am sharing with you How to Naturally Clean Makeup Brushes so your skin can always look and feels it’s best!
If you feel like you have been breaking out a lot lately no matter what you do, then your makeup brushes is probably the culprit. Makeup brushes have a ton of bacteria so they need to be cleaned regularly which many of us forget to do. It’s recommended they are cleaned at least once a week (who knew?)! If you are running short on time then don’t worry because I have a simple and natural way you can clean those makeup brushes in no time!
Supplies Needed to Naturally Clean Makeup Brushes:
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Liquid Castile Soap (or unscented hand soap)
How to Naturally Clean Makeup Brushes:
- Pour some extra-virgin olive oil onto the brush. Try to keep it on the top of bristles and massage the bristles lightly with your fingers.
- Next take the liquid castille soap or hand-soap and mix it a bit with water. My brush was really dirty so I decided to put the soap directly on the bristles. Again try to keep it away from the bottom to avoid the bristles from loosening and falling out.
- Dip your brush in a little bit of vinegar (again you can pour a little on instead) and then rinse with hot water.
- Repeat steps 1-3 as needed until you feel all the build up of makeup is gone and it looks clean.
- Ring out any excess water and allow your brushes to air dry overnight.
That’s it! Now you will have naturally cleaned brushes and best of all no more breakouts!