You might often ask yourself, is this a good deal? Well we all do, especially since it’s what helps us save money. But when you come across an item that is not posted on a deal blog or website, how do you know it’s a good deal? Well I have some tips that will help you decide if it’s a good deal for you. Enjoy!
- Set a Budget- Setting a budget is the #1 best thing you could do to save money and avoid contemplating on a deal altogether Simply because if you come across an item you really want, wonder if it’s a good deal, but know you are out of money for that category in your budget then you already know not to purchase it. This in the long run saves you trouble and money.
- Set Your Savings Goal- Set a goal, how much do you at least want to save 50%, 60%, 70%? Whatever your savings goal may be, try to aim for that amount of savings or more! If you only want to purchase something that is 50% off or more than that TV that is only 40% off is not a good deal for you. Only you can decide what fits into your lifestyle and more importantly your budget.
- Compare Identical Items on Several Websites- As you have probably noticed, sometimes when I post deals I will say “this is cheaper than what is currently advertised on Amazon” I do this because Amazon typically has the best prices and deals. If a price is lower than Amazon is usually means it’s an awesome deal. I’d also consider using Walmart.com or Walmart in-store prices.
- Read Reviews- When you are online comparing prices it is also a great idea to read reviews. Sometimes if a deal sounds too good to be true, it is. Reading reviews can help you sort through if the product is marked down because it’s on sale or if it’s on sale because it’s a bad product.
- Keep Receipts- I can’t stress enough how important this is! Keeping receipts ensures you that if you purchase an item today and in a week that item goes on clearance or on an even better sale you can take back that item, repurchase it, and pay less. Especially around the holidays this seems to happen A LOT! Just make sure you understand the store’s return policy. Most places allow 30 days for exchanges or returns.