Our family has always loved Artichokes but always hasn’t loved them being freshly cooked at home. The reason being is because Artichokes are one of those things that is tricky to cook. You can certainly under-cook them and even overcook them. After a few years of trial and error, I have finally found the way to making Perfect Artichokes Every Time.
Here is how:
What You Will Need to Make a Perfect Artichoke:
- Fresh Artichokes
- Large Pot
- Steamer Basket
How to Make a Perfect Artichoke:
- Rinse Artichokes well. I like to make sure water really gets inside the artichoke.
- Cut off the stem of the Artichoke. This will help ensure the Artichoke stands upright when cooking.
- Place steamer basket in a large pot.
- Add water to just under the steamer basket. Don’t fill water over the steamer basket or it will delay cooking.
- Get the water to a boiling then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook 45 minutes.
- Enjoy your perfectly cooked Artichokes. (I like to dip my leaves in mayonnaise)