This Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup is loaded with potato chunks, fresh vegetables and bacon to make a hearty, comfort meal that’ll fill your stomach and warm your soul.
Soup season officially begins when the Summer heat ends and the cool, crisp air of Fall begins.
In our house, soup is a staple food especially come Winter that is why I am sharing this loaded potato soup with you today.
While this can certainly be made in your Crock-Pot, I highly recommend using an Instant Pot like we did. Instant Pot’s are the appliance you never knew you needed but once you have one, you’ll probably never go back!
This recipe is perfect in the Instant Pot when you need a quick and easy dinner idea. If you’d rather use a Crock-Pot you can cook this slow and steady while you are away at work and come home to a yummy home-cooked meal.
This is actually an Instant Pot dump recipe meaning you dump all of your ingredients into your Instant Pot, turn it out and in 30 minutes, you have dinner ready to serve!
What is the Instant Pot to Crock-Pot Cooking Time Conversion?
This recipe cooks on high in the Instant Pot for 30 minutes and the Crock-Pot conversion is 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
What is Jowl Bacon?
Jowl Bacon is just pork bacon but is a thicker cut of meat. If you can’t find it, you can use a thick cut bacon. The thicker, the better.
Want more Soup Recipes? Check out:
How to Make Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup
Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup
This Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup is loaded with potato chunks, fresh vegetables and bacon to make a hearty, comfort meal that'll fill your stomach and warm your soul.
- 8 lbs Potatoes (we used Russet potatoes)
- 1 Celery Stalk
- ½ cup Shredded Carrots
- ½ White Onion
- ½ lbs Jowl Bacon
- 2 Stocks Green Onions
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- ¾ cup Shredded Cheese (We used Monterey Jack)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Dice your celery stalk, carrots, and onions then dump into the Instant Pot.
- Next cut potatoes into quarters and place in veggie dicer (keeping dices larger) then dump into the Instant Pot.
- Cut the jowl bacon into rough diced pieces and place into the pot.
- Add 2 cups heavy cream and water, filling only to cover the soup mix.
- Place the lid on and set timer to the Soup setting + 30mins.
- Once the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release slowly (natural release) and remove the lid.
- Top with the fixings of your desire. ( I used green onions, cheese and bacon!)
If you'd rather make this in your Crock-Pot you can cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1105Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 1092mgCarbohydrates: 136gFiber: 14gSugar: 12gProtein: 36g