A few months back my husband and I tried a pork tenderloin recipe from our Hello Fresh subscription. We loved it so much we decided to make an Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin recipe and oh boy, it is GOOD! If you like tender pork (and I know you do) you NEED this recipe in your stash!
Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
Alright, so I have to give credit where it’s due. My husband has been the sole cook of the house since he came home full-time with me about a year ago. He loves to cook and at first, he didn’t think the Instant Pot was a “necessity”. But, I went with my gut instinct and bought it anyways. Now, he loves it! He loves coming up with new recipes or even tweaking old ones to make in the Instant Pot.
The thing I love most about the Instant Pot is that it is so fast to cook and there is hardly ANY clean up. It’s literally one pot, maybe some utensils, and plates and forks. I mean, when is the last time you made dinner without the kitchen looking like a tornado came through? Probably NEVER!
In case you are wondering which Instant Pot we got, we got this one. It certainly can feed a family of 6-8 but if you have a larger family or plan to cook for a crowd regularly, the 8-quart might be what you want to go with.
Now, I do want to mention this recipe is based on the 6-quart Duo Plus like the one shown above. You may need to adjust cooking times or servings to fit the Instant Pot you are using. The actual time spent cooking also depends on if you end up using a larger pork tenderloin, additional potatoes, etc. So, adjust accordingly.
Okay, so onto the recipe…
What You’ll Need to Make Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin:
- Instant Pot
- Pork Tenderloin (we got the organic kind)
- 4 Red Potatoes, Cubed (unpeeled)
- 10 Fresh Brussel Sprouts
- 1/2 Honey Crisp Apple, Diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon Chicken Stock (we used concentrate and added the water per directions)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Butter (we used Brummel and Brown Yogurt Butter)
- 1/3 Cup Apple Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
How to Make Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin:
- Prepare your veggies by washing and cutting them. Set aside.
- Plugin your Instant Pot and click “Saute”. Allow to heat up.
- Combine the thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl. This will be your dry rub for the pork.
- Cut up your pork tenderloin into thick pieces and then rub the seasoning from step 3 all over the cut pork pieces.
- Drizzle in your olive oil to the pan and place your seasoned pork tenderloin pieces inside.
- You want to sear the outside of the pork tenderloin to seal in the juices. This takes about 8-10 minutes.
- Next, if using chicken concentrate, mix it with water in a small bowl. Then pour into the Instant Pot.
- Add your potatoes, apples, butter, and apple juice. Stir well.
- Now add your Instant Pot lid and close. Click “Pressure Cook” for 5 minutes.
- After the time is up, push “Cancel” and use the “Quick Release” method.
- Now add your brussel sprouts, close the lid and click “Pressure Cook” for an additional 3 minutes.
- Use the “Quick Release” method once again and remove your pork tenderloin from the Instant Pot.
- Slice open your meat to ensure it’s throughly heated. If it needs additional time, repeat step 9 until cooked throughly.
- Once cooked, slice up your pork tenderloin and serve with a side of potatoes and brussel sprouts. Sprinkle on some more salt and pepper as desired.