Continuing our excitement for the Jurassic World movie release, we came up with a new fun craft today. This time it’s Jurassic World Inspired Dilophosaurus Spitter Goo! This ooey gooey green slime is easy to make and fun to play with which makes it a kid favorite!
Now if you are a total dinosaur nerd like my husband is, you probably are aware that paleontologists truly do not know for sure that the Dilophosaurus actually spit venom at their prey. However, for the sake of the Jurassic Park series, we are going to assume that they did and continue onward with this craft!
I do want to fair warn you all that this can get messy so if you are worried about it getting anywhere, head outside and make it in an area where the kids can go to town!
Supplies Needed to Make Jurassic World Inspired Dilophosaurus Spitter Goo:
- 2 Teaspoons Borax
- 1 1/2 Cups of Water
- 1 Bottle of Clear Elmer’s Glue
- 15 Drops of Green Food Coloring
- 3 Drops of Lemon Essential Oil (helps it smell so much better)
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- Mixing Spoon
- In a small mixing bowl pour in 1 cup of water and 2 teaspoons of borax powder. Stir the ingredients together until well blended. Set your bowl aside. Note: the borax doesn’t dissolve very well and that is okay just stir until it’s evenly stirred throughout the water.
- In your second bowl pour in the entire bottle of Elmer’s clear glue and pour in the 1/2 cup of water. Stir until well blended.
- Once the contents are stirred together, add in 15 drops of green food coloring to achieve your dark green color. Mix until evenly incorporated. You can add more or less depending on the shade of green you want to achieve.
- Add 2-3 drops of Lemon Essential Oil (or any scent you like). This step is optional but I personally think it helps smell better.
- Now pour in the borax mixture from step 1 right into the middle and start to stir the ingreidents together. You will notice the mixture turning into goo right in front of your eyes!
- Grab both your hands and start squishing the goo together to make it more solid. Form it up in a ball away from the liquid and pour out the remaining liquid (water) into the sink.
- Allow about 10 minutes for the goo to set before playing. Once you are done playing with the goo store it in a mason jar or ziploc baggie to keep fresh and ready for play next time!
Jurassic World Inspired Dinosaur Soap (for small sized hands)
Jurassic World Inspired Indominus Rex Cocktail– my personal favorite!