Are you ready to add some zest to your next party? Look no further than Lemon Drop Shots! This tangy and refreshing drink is the perfect way to kick off a night of fun and celebration. Whether you’re throwing a backyard barbecue or a wild night out with friends, this Lemon Drop Shot recipe is sure to be a hit.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these tasty shots in no time.
So grab your cocktail shaker and shot glasses and get ready to shake things up with this delicious and unique twist on a classic shot.
Want more shot recipes? Check out our Dill Pickle Shots, Pink Kamikaze Shots, and Girl Scout Thin Mint Shots.
Lemon Drop Shot Recipe Ingredients
- Lemon Wedge (or lemon slice)
- Extra Lemon Juice
- Loose White Granulated Sugar (in case you want a sugar rim)
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of Vodka should I use?
You can use any vodka you’d like. I typically like a good quality vodka. You can also use a flavored vodka such as a citrus vodka if you’d prefer.
Things to Note:
- You can skip the simple syrup and simply place a sugar cube in each shot glass, if you would like it sweeter or to change things up. If you do this, increase the lemon juice to 4 ounces in place of the simple syrup.
- If your ingredients are already chilled, don’t worry about shaking it with ice. However, if it needs to be ice cold, shake with ice, but do it lightly or it will froth up. You can also use cold vodka and pre-chill it beforehand.
- For another version, you can also replace the simple syrup with 2 ounces of lemon lime soda.
- Be sure to coat the rims of your shot glasses before adding the liquid, if that’s the route you’re taking.
- The size of shot glasses can vary from 1.25 ounces to 3.5 ounces. So, be aware of the size of your shot glasses and adjust the recipe as needed.
How to Make Lemon Drop Shots
In a shaker or glass (whatever you have on hand works), combine the vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Stir or shake lightly to mix.
If desired, dip the rims of the shot glasses in lemon juice and then in the loose sugar to coat them.
Divide the mixture between 4-5 shot glasses and top with a lemon wedge, if desired.
Serve and Enjoy!
Lemon Drop Shots
How to make homemade lemon drop shots using just 3 ingredients.
- 4 Ounces Vodka
- 2 Ounces Lemon Juice
- 2 Ounces Simple Syrup
- Lemon Wedges
- Extra Lemon Juice
- Loose White Granulated Sugar
- In a shaker or glass (whatever you have on hand works), combine the vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Stir or shake lightly to mix.
- If desired, dip the rims of the shot glasses in lemon juice and then in the loose sugar to coat them.
- Divide the mixture between 4-5 shot glasses and top with a lemon wedge, if desired.
- Serve and Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 0g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice. You may read our Nutritional Disclaimer here: https://www.simplisticallyliving.com/nutritional-disclaimer/